UIW Alumni of Distinction Award
**CALL FOR NOMINATIONS**
The Alumni of Distinction Award is the highest award presented by UIW to an alumna/us. We recognize two of our graduates a year in the categories of Professional Achievement and/or Service in Mission. Honorees are selected based on their professional accomplishments, service to others, and Christian living. One award will be presented at the May commencement and the other at the December ceremony. The Alumni of Distinction award is an honor from the University of the Incarnate Word given to an alumna/us of the University. The Awards Committee of the UIW Alumni Association Board shall present candidates to the full Board for recommendation. The recommendations are sent to the President of the University of the Incarnate Word for final approval.
Nominees for Professional Achievement should reflect significant accomplishments in a particular profession, recognition for scholarly or artistic contributions, honors, awards, length of service, etc. Nominees for Service in Mission should reflect accomplishments in service to the civic community, Church, family, or volunteer activities.
Alumni may receive the honor only once, but previous nominees will be considered. Nominations will be kept on file for two years. A person’s nomination can be resubmitted for consideration.
- Nominee must be a living graduate of Incarnate Word College/University of the Incarnate Word.
- Nominee must exhibit excellence in his/her field and service to society.
- Reflection of UIW’s ideal’s/mission through one’s character.
- Service and commitment to the University.
- Is not a current UIW faculty or staff member.
- Is not a current member of the UIW Alumni Association Board of Directors or UIW Board of Trustees.
- Recipients of a UIW honorary degree are not eligible.
- Must be nominated by Tuesday, March 17, 2017.
Proceed to Online Nomination Form
View Previous Honorees