2nd Annual Ring Ceremony Information
Sunday, April 23, 2017
*Registration is Now Closed!*
All of us at the Department of Alumni & Parent Relations are excited to host the 2nd Annual Ring Ceremony on April 23rd. We ask that you please take the time to read through the 2nd Annual Ring Ceremony Information Letter and the information below carefully to ensure you have the best possible experience.
Please note that all participants must be registered by March 24, 2017 to appear in the program.
Should any questions arise please contact us at (210) 805-5899 immediately.
- AUDIENCE: The Ring Ceremony is for all students of junior status & higher who purchased a class ring.
- LOCATION: Alice P. McDermott Convocation Center
- TIME AND DATE: Sunday, April 23, 2017; 2:00 p.m.
- CHECK-IN: Student participant check-in will be open at 12:45 p.m.; all students must be checked in no later than 1:45 p.m.; Left of the Alice P. McDermott Convocation Center (under Benson Stadium bleachers).
- ASSEMBLY: Student participants will begin lining up in procession order by 12:45 p.m.; all students must be checked in by this time.
- CEREMONY SERVICE: The night before the ring ceremony, your class ring will spend the night in the Chapel of the Incarnate Word. Each participating student will receive their class ring before crossing the stage, once you receive your ring please keep your box closed until asked by the presenter to open your box.
- SEATING: Seating for families and guests attending the ceremony will begin at 12:45 p.m. in the Alice P. McDermott Convocation Center.
- CONTACT INFORMATION: If you have questions about the Ring Ceremony please contact, the Department of Alumni & Parent Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 210-805-5899.
- There is no need to send us any edits to your existing guest list. All guests will be granted entry.
- If your class ring is in your possession, please deliver it to the McCracken House no later than Friday, April 21 at noon so that we can include it in the ceremony.
I want to participate, but didn't register. What do I do?
If you are of junior status & higher, and purchased a class ring but did not register by March 24, please contact the Department of Alumni & Parent Relations with the following information.
Is your class ring in your possession? (Yes or No):
ONLINE REGISTRATION IS OPEN UNTIL MARCH 24, 2017!
Information should be sent to Gaby Gonzales-Alvarado, assistant director of parent relations at email@example.com. The deadline to send information is Monday, April 17 at 5 PM.
Please note that your name will NOT appear in the ceremony program. However, you are welcome to participate in the festivities.
Ceremony Dress Regulations
All participants must dress appropriately to retain the dignity of the occasion; business or church attire is encouraged. Please keep in mind that you must arrive dressed for the occasion; you will not have time to change before the processional.
Parking will be available at the Ancira & McCombs Parking Garages.
The University of the Incarnate Word provides reasonable accommodations for special events with adequate notice. To request disability accommodation for this event, please visit www.uialumni.org/ada.
If you have any questions regarding the ring ceremony, please contact the Department of Alumni & Parent Relations at (210) 805-5899 or at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.