I am worried about my son or daughter. Who do I call?

Unless it is an emergency situation, call the Parent Relations office at (210) 805-5899 for advice. An office representative will assist you with the matter. If it is an emergency situation, however, call the UIW Police Department directly at (210) 829-6030.


Are there forms that a student can sign to allow a parent/guardian access to their records?

Your son or daughter can sign a FERPA (Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act) waiver which state the person(s) who they would like to give permission for access. Your son or daughter must sign the form in a faculty or administrator’s office and the faculty or administrator must witness their signature. The form can be accessed here: Confidentiality Waiver


Where can my son or daughter find a tutor?

UIW offers tutoring sessions for courses many students find challenging, including accounting, business statistics, social sciences, music and Spanish. Support for courses in chemistry, physics and biology is available through the PASS-UIW program. UIW also provides academic success coaching to help guide your son or daughter in developing the study skills and time management strategies they need to achieve their goal of graduation.

To request on appointment your son or daughter can call (210) 829-3870 or stop by AD 206.


How do I send a package to my son or daughter?

If your son or daughter lives on campus they have a specific CPO number. You can label your mail as:

4301 Broadway, CPO ###

San Antonio, Texas 78209


How do I obtain enrollment verifications for students for insurance purposes?

Students have three options when requesting enrollment verification:

  1. Students may download an official copy from the UIW secure server (free of charge),
  2. Students may provide the Registrar's Office with the verification request and the Registrar's Office will forward it to the National Student Clearinghouse for processing, or
  3. Students may request the same-day-service verification and pay the associated $10.00 fee.

You may immediately obtain an official copy of your enrollment verification, free of charge, through the National Student Clearinghouse using the link below.  The University of the Incarnate Word has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to act as its agent for verification of student enrollment status.  The enrollment verification can be presented to health insurance agencies, housing authorities, consumer product companies, banks, or whenever you are required to provide official evidence of enrollment.

Click here to access the Enrollment Verification Page.


When are the dates for Parent’s Weekend?

Parent & Family Weekend will be held April 21 - 23, 2017. 


What are the dates of school breaks so that I can plan flights home?

You can access the UIW Calendar here. It is best to wait to learn your son or daughters schedule for finals week before arranging flights. Students typically learn the date of their finals at the beginning of the semester for each class, although it can change.  


When is Commencement scheduled?

The Spring 2017 graduation date will be released soon. Details including the graduation application, ticket information, cap & gowns, etc. can be found here.


How do I update my address with the University?

Students can easily update their address using Bannerweb. Directions can be found here.


How do I pay my student’s bill?

Your son or daughter may give you the access that you need to see and/or pay their bill. Students can do this after logging into the myWord portal and clicking on the link for the UIW ePayment Center.  The "Authorized User" section is on the lower left side of the "Your Account" page.

Authorized (non-student) Users, log into your e-Payment account after receiving your secure log-in information (PIN and password). If you already have access, contact your student to reset your password.


© 2017, University of the Incarnate Word.  All rights reserved.
4301 Broadway, San Antonio, Texas 78209  |  210-829-6014  |  1-800-749-WORD