Thank you for referring an incoming student to receive the McCracken Alumni Referral Scholarship. The scholarship is available for first-time, first semester students at UIW and is a one-time disbursement determined by the Financial Assistance office.
The deadline to submit the form and be awarded the scholarship for the Spring 2017 semester is has closed.
The deadline to submit the form and be awarded the scholarship for the Fall 2017 semester is Feb. 1, 2017 at 5 p.m.
The guidelines are as follows:
- Any UIW alumnus/a may nominate one (only) student per academic year to receive the $1000 voucher.
- Student must be a first-time, full-time traditional undergraduate student (daytime only).
- Voucher is good for first year only and is non-renewable.
- Nominated student must meet university admissions acceptance standards.
- Deadlines for submission are listed above.
- Nominated student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- UIW employees who are also graduates are eligible to disperse voucher, but not to spouse, son or daughter receiving tuition benefit.
- Nomination forms will be verified by the Alumni Office before student will be awarded.
The University of the Incarnate Word McCracken Alumni Referral Scholarship (MARS) was established with the goal of recognizing UIW alumni as an effective vehicle in the recruitment of new students, passing on the "legacy" while strengthening the connection of our graduates to the university. UIW alumni will be involved in identifying prospective students who will benefit from an Incarnate Word education and uphold the mission of the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word.
This scholarship is named in honor of Richard McCracken, long-time dean of alumni emeritus, in recognition of his many years of service and loyalty to UIW and its graduates for information or assistance call the alumni office at 210-829-6014 or email firstname.lastname@example.org